Move Your Team to the Future of Interviewing
What used to work in interviewing is no longer effective. Candidates are driving the market more than ever before so today's sales and technical leaders need more advanced strategies to win the war for talent in this hyper-competitive market.
That's why we created the Candidate Engagement Mastery Program (CEMP), a training program based on the Intentional Interviewing™ Model. Our goal is to give team leaders a cutting edge competitive advantage so they gain more leverage, control and confidence during the entire interview process.
Participants will learn the advanced interviewing skills needed to qualify candidates based on their true motivations (hint: you've only been scratching the surface), including everything from how each candidate really make career decisions to uncovering potential competitive opportunities, and leading masterful sales conversations to overcoming objections and winning the deal.
Imagine: Instead of treading water, you’re swimming laps around your competitors. No more unacceptable time-to-fill rates. No more offer rejections. No more settling for B-grade talent. With The Candidate Engagement Mastery Program, you’ll have the team you need to reach your aggressive targets.
What You'll Learn...
When you become a member of The Candidate Engagement Mastery Program, you unlock a complete toolkit of resources to take your recruiting and hiring results to the next level. In the course, you’ll learn:
- How to maintain an active pipeline full of qualified candidates,
- How interviewing has changed and exactly what today’s hiring winners do to rise above the rest,
- How to fortify your employer brand by developing a candidate experience based on trust,
- A step-by-step method for leading masterful interview conversations,
- Advanced tactics that enlist unqualified candidates as your ambassadors who share your brand with positive feedback on social media and refer more qualified candidates directly to you,
- Questioning strategies and techniques that uncover the full set of candidate success patterns and motivations (hint: most interview advice has a limited perspective and only teaches you how to uncover half of this information),
- How to develop killer value propositions that differentiates your opportunity and your company customized for each individual candidate, and much more.
Each module provides a tactical application of the Intentional Interviewing™ model.
Want to dig deeper into the content before taking the leap? Get the full details on each program module below.
Module 1: "We're Not in Kansas Anymore"
Understanding the new rules for today's talent market
The world of interviewing candidates has changed. In this module you'll learn how it's changed, how these changes affect candidate behavior and what top performers—those who beat out the competition and find themselves in the winner’s circle the most—do differently than the rest to turbo-charge their results.
In this module, you'll learn:
- What hiring winners do differently from the rest that puts them in the winner’s circle
- Exactly what it takes to become a top-performing hiring manager
- The major stages of the recruiting and interview process from the mindset of the hiring leader as well as from the candidate's perspective and what you need to do in each to maximize your success
- An overview of the 5 major candidate personas
Module 2: Pre-Interview Preparation
Moving beyond the job description
Moving forward, all good interviews must start with a deeper understanding of your open position. Look beyond the job description. What are the top 4 qualities and/or skills candidates must have to be successful? Why? What are the primary challenges and objectives candidates must achieve in this position? What value do you deliver to the candidate's success? How can you communicate this value to candidates in a memorable and enticing way? What are the absolute deal breakers? Why?
Module 3: The Opening Sequence
Putting the cart where it belongs...AFTER the horse
Old-dated methodologies taught hiring managers to qualify candidates first and sell later. However, high-performing hiring managers win top talent today by educating candidates with new ideas and influence and persuade candidates in their conversations just as top-producing sales reps win deals...while qualifying prospects. This module introduces the concept of Intentional Interviewing™. It provides tips that will help you become more persuasive and influential in your interview conversations.
In this module, you'll learn:
- How to build trust and credibility and make the deepest connections with candidates
- How to be more persuasive
- How to tell convincing stories that demand candidate action
- How to address the unique drivers of the 5 candidate personas
- 4 powerful questions that uncover the full set of candidate motivations and ideal success patterns more effectively than psycho-metric testing.
Module 4: The Closing Sequence
Unleashing the magic that lies outside of the vacuum
We no longer live in a vacuum where candidates' perceptions were fairly limited to what they heard in the interviews. Now candidates are bombarded with social media chatter, hype from your competitor's employer branding and an endless parade of recruiters presenting seductive alternative opportunities. Since candidates have far more options and access to information than any other time in history, your future success in acquiring the talent depends on how well you can harness the power of The Close.
In this module, we’ll cover:
- How to avoid the most common closing mistakes
- What it takes to get unqualified candidates to refer you to more qualified candidates
- How to get candidates to disclose how your opportunity and company compares to other situations they're evaluating
- Tips for mastering The Close with qualified candidates
Module 5: Compensation Negotiation
Avoiding bidding wars and leaving money on the table
One of today's most pressing issues for hiring managers is the high rate of offer rejections. Offer rejections are costly and a significant contributor to high time-to-fill rates. Many companies struggle to compete for talent in a bidding war. In this lesson, we make sure that never happens again by sharing our proven negotiation method.
- How to identify the objectives and requirements of any negotiation and use them to your advantage
- How to lead negotiations that get the best outcomes and enhance the strength of relationships
- The role emotions play in negotiations, and how to prevent them from derailing your efforts
- Three detractors that can sabotage your negotiation